An application developed for Planetarium no.1.
- contains a correct night sky with 3,000 stars.
- provides an ability to change the date and time.
- contains constellations.
- provides constellation objects visualization.
- each star is interactive.
The most important thing in this application is the ability to control the projection dome in real time using a touch display or mobile application.
Special thanks to Anastasia Chernysheva (https://vk.com/cher_ana), who collected the database of constellations, supplemented the names of stars, put everything in its place, and also created all 3D models of constellations in the application.
It seemed impossible to do due to the deadlines (2 months). Everything was complicated by the fact that the site itself was not yet there; it was under construction. For the same reason, there was no equipment at the beginning of application development either, so we had to improvise. A photo of the start of work on the application is presented below (September 8, 2017).
# app # dev
1. A program for working with tabular TXT and CSV files.
2. A tool for arranging constellation objects in the sky.
3. A tool for drawing lines in the night sky.
4. A tool for visualizing dome images in game engines
5. Special versions with the ability to record materials according to the script for a dome projection were developed for designers of Planetarium No. 1 later.
Additional developed tools made possible to work with the content of the application without interfering with the game engine and the program code. This allowed to distribute work and accelerate development.
# gamedev # Инструменты